Thursday, December 25, 2014

Ward Christmas Party in Wenatchee

 I was asked to help with our ward's Christmas party.  They asked me to lead up the decorating committee.  Oh boy, I was nervous.  The ladies in charge told us the sky was the limit and to dream big.  Basically GO BIG or GO HOME :) hehehe!  With the help of two amazing women in my ward, Robin and Joanie, and Jess too of course.  We pulled off some amazing decorating.

 I was extremely nervous, having been to many "Utah" ward Christmas parties and the decorating that was done there was phenomenal but I think we made it shine and shimmer.  We were going for a "cozy Christmas".  We found trees and tons of lights that our Stake owns and was allowed access too.  We put about 9 or 10 trees up on Tuesday night.  Then Wednesday afternoon we set up tables and moved the trees to the floor and started stringing lights.  The Young Men and Young Women in the ward helped to wrap presents, set up the chairs continue to string lights and wrap up the tables.  And we worked on the centerpieces too.  They were my favorite!
 I think I am going to have to find some awesome vases and make cool centerpieces for my dining room table and my mantle in the living room.

This is a side view of the set up.  We turned the lights down low and it made it so cozy and quaint.  
There was the most darling Christmas skit that just made the whole evening so much more fun.  


This is another vase that we had all dressed up for a centerpiece and the table runners were red shimmery mesh.  I loved how it turned out.  I hope everyone else in the ward enjoyed it as well.

No comments: