Monday, May 4, 2009

Put A Smile On Your Face

And make the world a (happy) better place!! Today I have had a pretty rotten day. It's a Monday and there really isn't anything too specific other than I am still contracting, swelling, getting headaches and my body just plain hurts. I decided since I had the awesome opportunity to go to work that I was going to put a smile on my face and make it all better.

Results are: I am still contracting, swelling and having nasty headaches and my body still just plain hurts... but while I was smiling and pretending that none of that was going on, I could actually bare it a little easier. When I got home from work I was greeted by happy, smiling, laughing children and a husband. They were so happy to see me :) and I was sooooo happy to see all of them. I realized that even though I am experiencing a pregnancy with tons of problems and that is hurting my body (literally) that I can still be happy and still let my sweet, beautiful family know how much I love them. I am not worried about this baby. I pray for her and I know she is meant to be part of our family. I love her so much already and I know that if she is born early that she is going to be just fine. So Put a smile on your face :) and see how it changes your day... even if you have just run into the garage with you car, ran over your husbands tools in the driveway or turned his G's pink in the wash, laugh and smile about it and see how much better the day can be. I have learned this goes far with our children too. When we laugh at them about the "small stuff" they seem to be much more apt to listen to why we don't do that and they get the whole sentence "let's not do that again!" :)
--J

No comments: