Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sew Crazy

Lately I have been in a sewing mood. I have made Emma a fancy, twirly girly skirt and then the cutest little jumper (one for each of my girls and a niece so far). I am loving sewing but I only know how to do the simple things. So I found this blog called newdressaday (dot) wordpress (dot) com. She takes a new dress from the thrift store everyday and transforms it into something amazing all for under a dollar a day. Go check out her amazing transformations. She makes it look easy (especially since I don't have to make any button holes or sew in a zipper). In this crazy world of recession and pinching pennies this actually sounds like a plan. I am going to eventually try my hand at it but first I have to find the time to go shop at a thrift store. If any of you take on the make-over-an-outfit challenge I'd love to hear from you and see your creations. You can e-mail them to me at thebabe_jph (@) yahoo (dot) com. In the subject heading write "blog sewing make-over" so I don't randomly delete you thinking you are spam. Also if you have made some awesome outfit for you or your kids- send me a picture to my e-mail and I'll feature you here. Pictures are to come of my sewing projects.

No comments: