Saturday, February 21, 2009

Vacation

I am so excited about going on vacation. It has been 2 years since I have had a real vacation so I am jumping on the chance to celebrate my anniversary on vacation and without the kids. Jess found the most beautiful and romantic bed and breakfast on the Straight of Juan de Fuca. Check it out at Colettes dot com. The place has absolutely beautiful gardens (which probably won't be in full bloom while we are there but hey it's still beautiful) and we are right on the ocean. Our room has a huge window that looks out onto the ocean too. I'm super excited. For those who don't know I am DEATHLY afraid of water, having almost drowned twice (acutally three times so far in my life). By the way we are not going to San Antonio, we are going to Washington State. We fly into Seattle and then drive to Port Angela's. The problem isn't staying at the B&B it's that we have to cross two bridges to get there. I'm already hyperventilating and I have two weeks until we leave. The first bridge I'm sure will be easier than the second bridge (which is a floating bridge and Jess made the mistake of showing it to me.) the bridge basically sits right at the water level :( and when it's windy the water can blow over the bridge, am I nervous about this? Sure Am. Plus it's not just once I have to cross it, it's twice AAAHHHHHH!!! But what I am concentrating on is all the beautiful sites we will see and how much fun we will have. We are planning on taking TONZ of pics and we are eating our Anniversary dinner at "Bella Italia's" !! For all you non-Twilight fans that's the resturaunte Bella and Edward eat at in the first book. There are a bunch of wildlife refuges and marine life centers that I think we will visit and a few light houses we may make a trip down to Forks (if I am feeling up to it) and we'll probably spend most of our time on the beaches, I love the calming sounds of the ocean (as long as I am not over top of it) I am a land lover!! There is a reserve called Bloedel Reserve on Bainbridge Island that we may go to, if I can get up the nerve to cross another bridge or go on the ferry. Like I have said before, Jess really knows how to plan a vacation and finds the best B&B's and hotels to stay at. I have never (in 8 years) been disappointed. I couldn't figure out how to post pics from the B&B but I'll be able to once we get home. You'll have to stay tuned!!

2 comments:

Candace said...

I'm so jealous, but excited for you. Sounds like fun! Good luck with the bridges! Just don't look down, he he!

Diamond in the Rough said...

Thanks. I'll have to remember not to look down :)!! One day Jess will be able to just fly us in a helicopter and I won't have to worry about bridges. But that may be when I have gray hair :)!!