Thursday, December 25, 2014

Crafts 4 A Cause!

 I helped with a Zumb-a-thon that was held on December 1st.  It was for World AIDS Day.  I was on the committee helping to plan the event and one of the Instructors teaching at the event.  But I also donated some "handmade" items for the auction.  These are some of the Christmas blocks from my last post.  And I made a darling jean apron.  I couldn't believe how easy it was.  Cut the back side off an old pair of jeans and make a ruffle to go around the edges (I cut my material to be 8-10" longer than the measured edges).  And then add ties.  I made 3 aprons in about 2 2/1 hours.  Easy peasy!!

The last project I made for the event's auction was this old window frame.  I painted it a light blue and then we made the glass a "chalk board" with chalk paint.  We did prime the glass first so that you would be able to write on it and not have the paint chip off.  It also had a little hook on the bottom that I spray painted a brass color.  It turned out so darling.  I'm just sad I forgot to get a picture of the finished project.  I am going to make another one so I will take step by step pictures of the next one!!  And of course a finished picture as well.

No comments: